TRANSFORM THE MUNDANE TO MAGICAL WITH ASK HARVARD MAMA!
Marci Howard at Ask Harvard Mama is:
• a Child Development Specialist
• an Education Consultant
• a Parenting Advisor
• a Master of Education from Harvard
My name is Marci and my greatest passion is improving the quality of life of children and creating an environment that supports their optimal development.
While getting my Masters in Education at Harvard and working with children all over the world, I learned many techniques designed to create a world of wonder and tranquility, where parents and educators can truly connect with children in a deep and authentic way.
I am a parent of two fabulous children living in Massachusetts. I have worked with children my entire life, coming from a family of six children with 33 nieces and nephews!
I have also worked as a teacher and education researcher in Norway, Egypt, Africa, Mexico, and several different states in the U.S. (ie. Utah, California, New Orleans, Massachusetts, etc.), giving me a unique perspective on human development across cultural boundaries and different styles of parenting.
In addition, I worked for more than ten years with children with AIDS in the inner city of LA; with children with Cerebral Palsy on Martha’s Vineyard; with teens with cancer at the Children’s Hospital in New Orleans, and I currently work with homeless children in Boston.
For the past 12 years I have worked with an award-winning company called TeacherCare, helping to create educational curriculum for in-home caregivers for every stage of child development.
While I delight in working hands-on with children, I am also passionate about teaching other parents/caregivers the “best-practice” child development and education research that I have learned over the years.
As a consultant, I have worked with a wide range of different people — for example:
• Moms pregnant with their first baby who are curious about what to expect;
• New Moms who have questions about their child’s behavior/development;
• Moms with 5 children who are looking for strategies to deal with behavioral issues in different personalities;
• Music Teachers/Scientists/Artists/Math Wizards who have programs they wish to take into schools but need extra help creating the educational/child development part of their programs;
• Grandparents looking for ways to teach their grandchildren positive behavior without using outmoded forms of discipline (spanking, yelling, time-outs, etc.);
• Parents/Teachers looking for achievement motivation techniques and to infuse magic into a dry or challenging Individual Educational Program; etc.
• Parents/Teachers looking to create a breathtakingly beautiful environment for their children that is serene, supportive, and organized. (It is usually the opposite of typical children’s environments).
It is my greatest desire that every child’s life is filled with love, light, and laughter, and that every parent/caregiver can feel the bliss that comes from understanding the developmental stages of their child, and how to best support them in a positive and healthy way.
Contact me today to experience the transformative power of Ask Harvard Mama!